Gas Leak at KFC
On January 28th, Company 5 was alerted for a gas leak at the address of 14543 Clearfield Shawville Hwy known as KFC. Initial reports were the odor of gas inside of the business by employees, UGI gas was to be enroute to the scene. Upon arrival Engine 5 and Deputy 5 met with UGI gas and Lawrence Township Code Enforcement to find multiple small gas leaks throughout the building. After a pressure test of the gas meter it was determined the business to be unsafe and KFC was shutdown until repairs could be completed. Crews operated on scene for approximately 45 minutes.