First Due Flue Fire
On January 8th at 5:32hrs, a box alarm sounded for a reported flue fire on Fire Tower Road in Lawrence Township. Originally the caller stated he saw flames in his chimney and attempted to put it out with a fire extinguisher prior to calling 911. Upon arrival of ems, they confirmed fire showing from the chimney. Crews extinguished the fire and removed the fire load within the wood burner. After checking for extension which proved negative, crews then began ventilation of the basement. Units operated for over an hour.